This is a review of Tenorshare ReiBoot, a software tool that can repair and recover smartphones.
I’ve provided tech support over a number of decades in addition to teaching IT classes and writing software reviews. I’ve taken an in-depth look at Tenorshare ReiBoot to let you know if it will meet your needs.
Tenorshare ReiBoot promises to solve a range of smartphone issues that stop your phone from booting or functioning correctly. It’s easy to use but can’t be expected to solve every problem you encounter. Many users have had success when using this tool while many others haven’t.
In this Tenorshare ReiBoot review, I’ll explore what the software can do and how effective it is. Let’s get started.
Tenorshare ReiBoot repairs operating system issues on Apple and Android devices. It does this by fixing individual problems or performing a factory reset. The software runs on your computer and you connect your device via USB.
It runs on PCs and Macs and is a subscription service with the option of a lifetime license. The price varies depending on your platform.
- Tenorshare ReiBoot for iOS (Windows): $29.95/month, $35.95/year, $59.95 lifetime
- Tenorshare ReiBoot for iOS (Mac): $45.95/month, $49.95/year, $69.95 lifetime
- Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android (Windows): $19.95/month, $29.95/year, $39.95 lifetime
A free version offers limited features and requires registration. A paid subscription is required to access all features.
In this review, we’ll mainly focus on the Mac version for iOS. I don’t have a faulty smartphone so I’m not able to give you a personal opinion about its effectiveness. User reviews indicate the software actually works but won’t solve every problem.
Tenorshare ReiBoot cannot recover lost data from your phone, but it can recover it from a range of operating system issues that stop it from working properly.
Methods of data recovery offered:
- Standard repair fixes the most common iOS system issues without data loss
- Deep repair fixes more serious system issues but will cause data loss
- A factory reset returns your iPhone settings to the defaults
iOS System Repair: Any Apple device running iOS, iPadOS, or tvOS.
Android System Repair: 600+ Android phones and tablets including:
- Samsung: Galaxy S, Galaxy Note, Galaxy A, Galaxy J
- LG: LG G8, LG 50
- Google: Pixel 3, Pixel 2, Pixel
- Huawei: Huawei P30, Huawei Mate X, Huawei Mate 20
- HTC: HTC Desire, HTC One, HTC U
- Sony: Xperia 1, Xperia 10, Xperia L3
Tenorshare maintains a full list of compatible Android devices. 
Types of problems that can be resolved:
iOS System Repair:
- iOS update stuck
- Frozen screen
- Disabled screen
- Won’t restore
- Can’t connect to your computer
- Device boot stops at Apple logo
- Recovery mode stuck
- Headphone mode stuck
- Won’t back up
- iTunes errors
- Black screen
- White screen
- Boot loop screen
- Blue screen
Android System Repair:
- Stuck in Android recovery mode
- A frozen or unresponsive screen on Samsung devices
- Black screen of death on Samsung devices
- Android recovery mode no command
- Slow and bricked phones
- Android stuck in fast boot mode
- Android system battery drain
- Touch screen not working
- Android viruses
- Samsung phone keeps restarting
- Android stuck in download mode
- Samsung phone won’t turn on
- Stuck on the Samsung logo
- Samsung phone not charging
- Stuck in headphone mode
The software was simple to install. An easy-to-use wizard takes you step-by-step through the recovery process.
My iPhone isn’t experiencing any problems, so I can’t comment on Tenorshare ReiBoot’s effectiveness from personal experience. I was able to install the software and enter and exit Recovery mode.
Consumer reviews are in the middle of the range and the application was given 3 stars on Amazon. Most reviewers gave it either 1 or 4 stars depending on their success. 
Some were able to repair their phone once they paid for the software. They preferred using this application rather than contacting Apple support or visiting the Genius Bar. In some cases, the software solved a boot problem that Apple support couldn’t resolve.
Other users found that neither the free nor paid versions of the software could resolve their issues. Some users attempted to get a refund but failed. One user said that the reason given was that their phone’s problem was hardware related, not a software issue.
MacUpdate also awarded the app 3 stars.  Consumer reviews there follow the same pattern I saw on Amazon.
Despite the disappointment some users had when using the software, the company Tenorshare has a good reputation and received 4 stars on Trustpilot. 
The Tenorshare Customer Support Center offers a searchable product guide and FAQ. The support team can be contacted via a web form. 
Is Tenorshare ReiBoot safe?
Yes, it is virus-free and ad-free. Be aware that with a deep repair you will lose data. Unfortunately, at one point while using the software my iMac became unresponsive and needed to be restarted.
Is Tenorshare ReiBoot free?
No, but a limited number of features are available with the free trial.
If Tenorshare ReiBoot isn’t right for you, here are some alternatives.
If you have an iPhone you can use iTunes (and on macOS 10 and greater, Finder) to restore your device to its factory settings  or restore your phone from a backup. 
Wondershare Dr.Fone System Repair
Wondershare offers a range of smartphone utilities that including iOS System Recovery and Android Repair. Like ReiBoot, they allow you to fix a number of smartphone system issues at home.
iMyFone offers Fixppo iOS and Android repair tools that are able to fix your device without data loss. The features are similar to those you find in ReiBoot.
Joyoshare UltFix (iOS System Recovery) is able to repair over thirty iOS issues without data loss. They do not offer a comparable product for Android users.
Apple offers excellent support for their products, including technical support over the phone, the Genius Bar at an Apple Store, and repair tools in iTunes or Finder. Android users have fewer options but can take advantage of the technical support offered by the phone manufacturer.
Alternatively, Tenorshare ReiBoot offers an easy-to-use interface that may solve the problem for you at home. You may find the cost of a small subscription preferable to a long, technical phone call or a drive to the nearest support center.
It comes down to personal preference. Whatever your choice, there are no guarantees. Personally, I’ll visit the Genius Bar every time.
- 1: https://www.tenorshare.com/tech-spec/reiboot-for-android.html
- 2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B01EN719W8
- 3: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/58099/reiboot
- 4: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/tenorshare.com
- 5: https://www.tenorshare.com/support.html
- 6: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201252
- 7: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204184